Developing the skills and capabilities to effectively deal with disputes in the workplace has the potential to save a business time, money and unnecessary stress. By tackling problems at an early stage, an employer can avoid the disruption of a full-blown dispute and can help preserve working relations between staff members. Using case studies and a problem scenario, this course explores the wide range of steps that managers and officers responsible for advising on or handling workplace disputes can take when conflict arises.
Upon completion of this training, participants should be able to:
- understand how practical and professional skills are applied in resolving disputes
- identify appropriate methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution to settle a dispute, whilst developing an understanding of each of these methods and gaining practical guidance on how to deal with work place disputes
- conduct negotiation to resolve a dispute, as a team, within the framework of professional codes of practice
- better prepare key documentation for employment tribunal/court hearings
- show critical understanding of a range of ethical considerations relevant to resolving disputes
- present legal arguments, and examine and cross-examine witnesses during a mock employment tribunal hearing.