"To Employment And Beyond!"
Events will be taking place throughout the week at the Fusehill Street campus for students from the following courses:
- Applied Psychology
- Working with Children and Families
- Social Work
Students from all years can attend any of the events throughout the week. Check Blackboard regularly for up to date programme of what's happening.
The Employer fair is open to all students and alumni of the University of Cumbria.
Please note that the programme below is subject to change. Please check back regularly for up to date information.
Tuesday 2 May:
- 9.45 am: Student registration & FREE refreshments - Calva Lecture Theatre
- 10.00 am: Introduction to the day and sign-up for the week's events - Calva Lecture Theatre
- 10.30 am: Employability: Telling your story - Learning Gateway Lecture Theatre
- 11.30 am: Employer Fair - Learning Gateway (see below for exhibitors)
- 1.30 pm: What can I do with my degree? - Learning Gateway Lecture Theatre
- 2.15 pm: Alumni Q&A Session - Learning Gateway Lecture Theatre
Thursday 4 May:
- 10.00 am: Getting ready for interviews - LG201
- 1.00 pm: Lunch break - FREE lunch provided in LG004 for attendees
- 1.45 pm & 2.30 pm: Undergraduate to Postgraduate: Your options for further study - LG201
- 1.45 pm & 2.30 pm: Introduction to Teacher Training - LG202
- 3.00 pm: Networking Session: Meet the UoC Post-grad team and ask questions about further study - LG003
Friday 5 May:
- Students can book onto Practice Interview Sessions in advance, these will be running throughout the day and will be tailored to a specific job role chosen by the student in advance. Book a slot by emailing email@example.com or you can book on Tuesday.
Employers confirmed for the Employer Fair include:
- Camp Cumbria / Cumbria Teaching Agency
- Carlisle Eden Mind
- Carlisle Key
- Carlisle Youth Zone
- Cumbria CVS
- Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Keyfort Group
- Student Enterprise Service
- The Bridgeway
- The Glenmore Trust
- UCSU Volunteering
- Visitors' and Children's Support Group at HMP Haverigg
Keep checking back for more!