Lancaster offers the peace of a small town with the facilities of a major city. If you’re coming to study here, find out what our accommodation can offer you.
Halls of Residence
We have over 447 rooms in our Lancaster residences, all within short distance of the university and city centre. Our two catered residences are located on-campus, a mix of old and new buildings set in its own parkland. Our third residence is a converted mill and part of Lancaster’s attractive canal-side development. Spectacular views across the city, Morecambe Bay and the Lakeland Fells can be seen from The View! Restaurant, located at the top of the Gateway building.
Café Martineau offers a spacious and relaxed environment to catch up with friends over lunch, or relax with a freshly-made coffee and cake. Our multi-purpose sports hall and fitness suite is available to book for all students.
- A range of bedroom types including Ensuite and Standard Single rooms.
- Broadband WiFi access throughout all halls of residence
- Central heating, water, WiFi and electricity costs are included
- Shared Communal Lounges/Kitchens and shared bath/shower rooms
- Adapted rooms for students with mobility or hearing impairments
- Bike store on site and Bike Hire Scheme available
- Residence Life Assistant on site responsible for the development of communities within halls, operating a wide range of events to students on and off Campus
- On Site Laundry facilities
- Onsite Cash Machine located adjacent to the Gateway Building
Please note that all areas within the halls of residence are non-smoking.
Theres an alternative to using cash when you buy food and drink on Campus, and it gives you discounts of up to 20% on purchases too. With your own Cumbria Card you can be sure that you can eat all year long, even if money gets tight towards the end.
Pay Annually Option- 2017/2018
The package you chose is split into instalments per term and loaded onto your Cumbria Card to spend as you like within our catering outlets. Please note that balances must be spent by 31st July 2018 and can not be carried over.
Flexible Prepaid Catering Card-
Available on a 'pay as you go' basis, available to suit your appetite and meal requirements.
Private Sector Accommodation
We also advertise houses in the local area owned by private landlords through Cumbria StudentPad. Please note Lancaster Private sector accommodation is ran in Partnership with the accreditation scheme through Lancaster University.
We know moving out of halls is a big step, so we organise house hunting events. You can meet other students, receive guidance from a buddy (a second or third-year student) and view accommodation.
Things to consider when going with a private landlord are:
- You contact the landlord direct and arrange to view the property
- Your contract is between yourself and the landlord
- Houses are within easy walking distance of university campuses
- All landlords are accredited by The National Landlord Accreditation Scheme, which means that they meet the relevant health and safety requirements
- Weekly rents range from £65.00-£110.00, some offering bills included.
- Fully furnished and equipped properties offering good standard student accommodation in the private sector
- Assistance/advice available from the university.
If you are interested in recieving more information regarding Student pad or our headlease scheme (Carlisle and Ambleside), please contact us on:
Carlisle 01228 616206 email@example.com
Lancaster 01524385497 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ambleside 01539430224 email@example.com
Lancaster accommodation office
The office is located within the William Thompson Hall and is open:
Phone: 01524 385497
Halls of residence postal addresses
Mill Hall Halls
University of Cumbria
Waddell North/South and William Thompson
(NAME OF HALLS) Halls of Residence
University of Cumbria