Lancaster offers the peace of a small town with the facilities of a major city. If you’re coming to study here, find out what our accommodation can offer you.
Halls of Residence
We have over 447 rooms in our Lancaster residences, all within short distance of the university and city centre.
Our two catered residences are located on-campus, a mix of old and new buildings set in its own parkland. Our third residence is a converted mill and part of Lancaster’s attractive canal-side development.
Bedrooms in all university-owned halls have access to hard-wired and wifi internet connections at speeds of up to 20mbps.
Spectacular views across the city, Morecambe Bay and the Lakeland Fells can be seen from The View! Restaurant, located at the top of the Gateway building.
Café Martineau offers a spacious and relaxed environment to catch up with friends over lunch, or relax with a freshly-made coffee and cake.
Our multi-purpose sports hall and fitness suite is available to book for all students.
On-site amenities include a cash machine, laundry facilities, secure bicycle stores and recycling bins.
Private Sector Accommodation
We also advertise houses in the local area owned by private landlords through Cumbria StudentPad. University of Cumbria are also in partnership with Lancaster University Homes to provide accredited student properties within the private sector.
We know moving out of halls is a big step, so we organise house hunting help days. You can meet other students, receive guidance from a buddy (a second or third-year student), view accommodation and question prospective landlords.
Things to consider when going with a private landlord are:
- You contact the landlord direct and arrange to view the property
- Your contract is between yourself and the landlord
- Houses are within easy walking distance of university campuses
- All landlords are accredited by The National Landlord Accreditation Scheme, which means that they meet the relevant health and safety requirements
- Weekly rents range from £55.00-£95.00, excluding bills
- Fully furnished and equipped properties offering good standard student accommodation in the private sector
- Assistance/advice available from the university.
Lancaster accommodation office
The office is located within the William Thompson Hall and is open 9am – noon, Monday – Friday.
Phone: 01524 385497
Halls of residence postal addresses
Mill Hall Halls
University of Cumbria
Waddell North/South and William Thompson
(NAME OF HALLS) Halls of Residence
University of Cumbria