We have plenty of IT facilities on our campuses to help enhance your studies. You’ll have everything you need to ensure that you can make full use of technological solutions during your course.
Computer Rooms and Study Spaces
No matter which course you’re taking, computers will play a key role in your studies. We have plenty of facilities on campus to help you make the most of the technology available, including:
- Computer rooms/labs, some of which are open 24 hours
- Quiet study areas with access to PCs
- Group study areas with a combination of PCs, TVs and whiteboards
- Loan laptops for use around the campuses
- A large Mac estate at our Brampton Road Arts campus
Bringing your Own Devices and Wireless Connectivity
It’s normal for people these days to have a laptop, smartphone, tablet or other personal computing device, and so it’s natural that students would want to use these on campus. To support this need, we provide wireless coverage for more than 70% of the estate and have recently installed higher capacity wireless to allow greater connectivity in high demand areas.
The university is part of the Eduroam network, providing connectivity for personal devices across all campuses or any other participating institution. Visitors are reminded to ensure that your device is configured and working for use on Eduroam at your own institution before travelling. If you require support, please contact your home institution's IT helpdesk.
Printing and Photocopying
There are combined printing and photocopying machines at all campuses, providing high quality, high volume and rapid printing, photocopying and scanning facilities. Benefits include:
- Improved confidentiality – only print when you are at the printer
- Freedom to collect your documents at a time that suits you
- Reduction in wasted printing as incorrect versions can be deleted before printing at no cost to users
- Ability to send documents from your own computer, smartphone or tablet to a university printer via the EveryonePrint service
We also have an on-site Print Unit at the Lancaster campus to provide a full range of printing, copying and finishing work.